Forum of Iowa
1996 Survey of Candidates' Views on Drug Policy
Please complete and return the survey to: Drug
Policy Forum of Iowa, Post Office Box 4368, Des Moines, IA 50333,
or via fax at (515) 262-6957.
- Do you think we are winning the War on
- Yes, we should keep doing what
- No, we need tougher laws, and
more police, courts and prisons.
- No, we need to shift our focus
from law enforcement to prevention and treatment.
- No, we should move toward
legalization of drugs to eliminate the black
market and its associated violence.
- Do you support legislation to allow
patients under a doctor's supervision to use marijuana
for medical conditions?
- Do you favor a legal distinction
between marijuana and hard drugs?
- What is your position on the use of
alcohol and tobacco?
- They should be prohibited since
they are harmful drugs.
- Their distribution and use
should be tightly controlled by the government.
- Current policy is appropriate.
- Do you think Congress should establish
a blue-ribbon commission to evaluate national drug
- Are you interested in participating in
the discussion and development of drug policy?
May we have your telephone number?
<<CITY>>, <<ST>> <<ZIP>>